Last February 11, it became effective the public call to grant new licenses for the production and distribution of psychoactive cannabis (THC equal to or greater than 1%) to be commercialized for recreational purposes in pharmacies, which had been announced by IRCCA on December 2018.
Licenses to be granted:
- Initially, up to 3 new licenses
- For a period of 5 years
- To produce and distribute 2 tons of psychoactive cannabis per year by each licensee. The production will take place in plots provided by IRCCA of approx. 2 hectares, in the location of San José, Uruguay.
- Bidding companies that surpass the required score and not result licensees, will be included in a priority list for a period of 3 years, for the granting of possible new licenses by IRCCA, under the same conditions.
Bidders can be:
- Individuals and legal entities
- National and foreign
Bidders cannot be:
Several exclusions were provided in attention to situations that could represent conflicts of interest with intervening public organisms, or insolvency, but in particular it is relevant to point out that the following:
- Those who already have this type of license, or their shareholders, directors, representatives and/or final beneficiaries. There are currently two companies with licenses for the production and distribution of psychoactive cannabis, that were awarded in 2015 (ICC and Symbiosis)
- Those sanctioned by the IRCCA
Tender Terms and Conditions:
- Purchase is a prerequisite to submit bids
- The cost is approx. USD 5,000
- Available from February 11, 2019, upon payment
- Representation must be evidenced for their withdrawal and representative shall sign a confidentiality agreement on the terms and conditions of the tender and the proceeding.
Deadline for submission of offers:
- From April 1, 2019
- Until April 10, 2019
- The opening of bids will take place on April 11, 2019
Regarding the conditions for installation and production that were disclosed, we refer to our newsletter available at: http://www.bragard.com.uy/en/2018/12/12/call-for-tenders-to-grant-new-production-and-distribution-licenses-of-recreational-cannabis-in-uruguah/
At BRAGARD we have the experience to advise you on this call for expression of interest. Should you have any questions or need more information, do not hesitate to contact us at the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com